This blog is a place for staff from the Department for International Development to share their personal experiences of helping to eliminate extreme poverty across the developing world.
We also feature guest blogs as part of our Development Debates series – blog posts from leading voices in the field of international development.
We want these personal blogs to be a genuine sharing of ideas, so we will aim to read the comments you post here and respond to the debate.
Rules of engagement
Our blogs represent the work of DFID as a Department. We are politically neutral, and our blogging platform must reflect this. We serve the British government of the day – whoever is in power – and we cannot indulge in political discussions or opinions on the approach and efforts of different parties on our blogs. We will have to edit out any such references.
Equally, we will not publish any slander against the Department or unsubstantiated denigration, but we welcome constructive criticism and different perspectives on the way we go about our work. We reserve the right to copy edit all comments for appropriateness of content.
Comments and moderation policy
All our blogs are open to comment from the general public. When posting comments, please observe our site participation guidelines:
- be respectful of others who use this site
- stay on topic
- keep comments concise
- do not use language that is offensive, inflammatory or provocative (this includes, but is not limited to, swearing and obscene or vulgar comments)
- do not break the law (this includes libel, condoning illegal activity and contempt of court)
- do not use this site for party political purposes
- please do not post personal information in comments such as addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses or other online contact details, which may relate to you or other individuals (we reserve the right not to publish such comments)
- do not impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or an organisation
- do not attempt to log on using another user’s account
- do not make any commercial endorsement or promotion of any product, service or publication not relevant to the discussion (we reserve the right not to publish such comments)
Blog comments are moderated to check they comply with the DFID’s blog participation guidelines above. If comments don’t comply they will not be published.
We are part of the Guardian Global Development Blogosphere. You can read more blogs from our friends in the network at: http://www.guardian.co.uk/global-development/blogosphere
Beyond the blogosphere, you can also engage and comment on our work around the web: