Since I wrote my first blog about my short-term placement in the John Lewis India Sourcing Office, I’m now several weeks smarter about the world of retail sourcing and how we might work together with retailers to deliver development results. …
Karen Johnson, Responsible Business Adviser
My work promotes good social and environmental risk management by more businesses, as well as helping firms innovate in their transparency, openness to participation, and accountability to people and communities affected by their operations. I joined DFID in 2009. I lived and worked in Portuguese-speaking Africa for 13 years, in management and advisory roles with international voluntary organisations, and set up my own business in Mozambique, as a sole trading consultant.
I’m writing this from John Lewis’s India Sourcing Office where I'm doing a 4 week short-term placement, to learn more about the world of retail. I'll use the experience I gain to improve how I do my own job of …
Related content and links
Please note: this blog is no longer being updated. Read our final post for how to stay in touch.
On this blog DFID staff share their personal experiences of helping to eliminate extreme poverty across the developing world.
- Looking for DFID Bloggers? 14 October 2016
- South Africa and the search for a better life 25 November 2015
- Entering the final phase of the Civil Society Partnership Review 10 November 2015
- Putting digital principles into practice in our aid programmes 10 November 2015
- More coffee, less conflict 9 November 2015