No, not the illegal narcotics for which Afghanistan is sadly infamous. The subject of this blog is private sector healthcare, and in particular the determination of one man, with the support of the Afghanistan Business Innovation Fund (ABIF) to provide …
Rob, Private Sector Development Advisor, Afghanistan
I have worked in Afghanistan since November 2012 when I joined the Helmand Provincial Reconstruction Team based in Lashkar Gah. In January 2013 I moved to DFID Kabul, where I head up the Private Sector Development & National Infrastructure team. The team’s portfolio includes several programmes designed to improve the investment climate in Afghanistan, and a number of infrastructure projects (including projects in Helmand). My work has a particular focus on extractives.
Related content and links
Please note: this blog is no longer being updated. Read our final post for how to stay in touch.
On this blog DFID staff share their personal experiences of helping to eliminate extreme poverty across the developing world.
- Looking for DFID Bloggers? 14 October 2016
- South Africa and the search for a better life 25 November 2015
- Entering the final phase of the Civil Society Partnership Review 10 November 2015
- Putting digital principles into practice in our aid programmes 10 November 2015
- More coffee, less conflict 9 November 2015