The use of sexual violence in conflict is an issue that has finally received the recognition it deserves, and I am proud to be part of the movement to end this crime. Since assuming the position of Special Representative of …
Zainab Bangura, United Nations Special Representative of the Secretary-General on Sexual Violence in Conflict
Zainab Hawa Bangura of Sierra Leone is the United Nations Special Representative of the Secretary-General on Sexual Violence in Conflict. She provides high-level leadership and advocacy on this issue and serves as the Chair of the interagency network, UN Action Against Sexual Violence in Conflict (UN Action).
Related content and links
Please note: this blog is no longer being updated. Read our final post for how to stay in touch.
On this blog DFID staff share their personal experiences of helping to eliminate extreme poverty across the developing world.
- Looking for DFID Bloggers? 14 October 2016
- South Africa and the search for a better life 25 November 2015
- Entering the final phase of the Civil Society Partnership Review 10 November 2015
- Putting digital principles into practice in our aid programmes 10 November 2015
- More coffee, less conflict 9 November 2015