Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) is a human rights abuse. The practice seriously damages the physical and mental health of women and girls around the world, and can even cause death. When I began my African Well Woman’s Clinic at Guy’s …
Dr Comfort Momoh, FGM/Public Health Specialist at Guy’s and St Thomas’
Dr Comfort Momoh is an FGM and public health specialist at Guy’s and St Thomas’ NHS Foundation Trust. With extensive experience of holistic women centred care, she is a researcher of women’s health and a strong campaigner/supporter against domestic violence and for the eradication of FGM. She established and runs the African Well Woman’s Clinic at Guy’s and St Thomas’ in 1997.
Related content and links
Please note: this blog is no longer being updated. Read our final post for how to stay in touch.
On this blog DFID staff share their personal experiences of helping to eliminate extreme poverty across the developing world.
- Looking for DFID Bloggers? 14 October 2016
- South Africa and the search for a better life 25 November 2015
- Entering the final phase of the Civil Society Partnership Review 10 November 2015
- Putting digital principles into practice in our aid programmes 10 November 2015
- More coffee, less conflict 9 November 2015