Not long after I arrived in Bangladesh, something very mundane happened to me that just happened to shatter my perspective. I was walking home, holding onto the remains of my lunch and naively expecting to encounter a rubbish bin along …
Joanna Lovatt, Communications Officer at Bangladesh Youth Leadership Center
Joanna moved to Bangladesh to pursue a career in international development. She now works as a Communications Officer at Bangladesh Youth Leadership Center (BYLC), and writes about leadership, education, sustainability, and global inequality. You can follow her on Twitter at @jolovattbd
Related content and links
Please note: this blog is no longer being updated. Read our final post for how to stay in touch.
On this blog DFID staff share their personal experiences of helping to eliminate extreme poverty across the developing world.
- Looking for DFID Bloggers? 14 October 2016
- South Africa and the search for a better life 25 November 2015
- Entering the final phase of the Civil Society Partnership Review 10 November 2015
- Putting digital principles into practice in our aid programmes 10 November 2015
- More coffee, less conflict 9 November 2015