We all too often see in the media, news concerning large scale humanitarian disasters, like the earthquake in Nepal or Typhoon Haiyan in The Philippines. It is right that there is a focus on responding to the humanitarian need of …
Matthew Benson, Humanitarian Programme Manager
I lead DFID's engagement with humanitarian NGOs, as well as managing large humanitarian response and preparedness programmes focussing on collaboratively improving and developing NGO capability to better meet humanitarian need in some of the most difficult and complex areas of operations. Ultimately aiming to improve the overall international humanitarian system's ability to respond rapidly, effectively and in the most accountable way to the most vulnerable people affected by disasters.
Related content and links
Please note: this blog is no longer being updated. Read our final post for how to stay in touch.
On this blog DFID staff share their personal experiences of helping to eliminate extreme poverty across the developing world.
- Looking for DFID Bloggers? 14 October 2016
- South Africa and the search for a better life 25 November 2015
- Entering the final phase of the Civil Society Partnership Review 10 November 2015
- Putting digital principles into practice in our aid programmes 10 November 2015
- More coffee, less conflict 9 November 2015