Those of a certain vintage might recognise the title of a Johnny Nash single from 1972. The lyric goes on "And the more I find out the less I know". I sympathise with the sentiment. I arrived in the Pakistan …
Bill, Head of Governance Group in DFID Pakistan
Since joining DFID (then ODA) back in 1984 I have worked on the G7 Economic Summits (before becoming G8); worked for 2 Ministers in Private Office and managed aid programmes to Fiji, Angola, Ethiopia, Eritrea and DRC. More recently I oversaw programmes and exit plans for our work in Russia, Ukraine, Armenia and Georgia. Since 2008 I have covered engagement in Central Asia.
Related content and links
Please note: this blog is no longer being updated. Read our final post for how to stay in touch.
On this blog DFID staff share their personal experiences of helping to eliminate extreme poverty across the developing world.
- Looking for DFID Bloggers? 14 October 2016
- South Africa and the search for a better life 25 November 2015
- Entering the final phase of the Civil Society Partnership Review 10 November 2015
- Putting digital principles into practice in our aid programmes 10 November 2015
- More coffee, less conflict 9 November 2015