This Ramadan Britain’s biggest Muslim charity has issued a declaration of war, and Pakistan is one of our key battlegrounds. Islamic Relief's cause is a war not on man, but on hunger. Our War on Hunger fundraising drive is a logical …
Fayaz Ahmad, Country Director for Islamic Relief Pakistan
I am a humanitarian relief and development professional with 15 years of field experience. I have worked in Somalia, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan, Kyrgyzstan and Myanmar in various capacities. I have been the Country Director for Islamic Relief Pakistan since November 2011.
Related content and links
Please note: this blog is no longer being updated. Read our final post for how to stay in touch.
On this blog DFID staff share their personal experiences of helping to eliminate extreme poverty across the developing world.
- Looking for DFID Bloggers? 14 October 2016
- South Africa and the search for a better life 25 November 2015
- Entering the final phase of the Civil Society Partnership Review 10 November 2015
- Putting digital principles into practice in our aid programmes 10 November 2015
- More coffee, less conflict 9 November 2015