As CEO of READ Foundation I passionately believe in the impact of education to truly transform the lives and conditions of people in the developing world. When it comes to donating to third world countries, a pound can go an …
Jahangeer Akhtar, CEO, READ Foundation
I have worked for READ Foundation for 2 years 2 and before that I volunteered for them for almost 5 years. I've spent most of my adult life working in the charity sector which has allowed me to travel all over the world and build on my experience. I took the post of CEO at READ Foundation in order to help expand the work and impact of the organisation whilst maintaining its focus on education. I'm passionate about education as a real long term sustainable development intervention.
Related content and links
Please note: this blog is no longer being updated. Read our final post for how to stay in touch.
On this blog DFID staff share their personal experiences of helping to eliminate extreme poverty across the developing world.
- Looking for DFID Bloggers? 14 October 2016
- South Africa and the search for a better life 25 November 2015
- Entering the final phase of the Civil Society Partnership Review 10 November 2015
- Putting digital principles into practice in our aid programmes 10 November 2015
- More coffee, less conflict 9 November 2015