The UK Government's recent reminder that it plans to accelerate the use of open source software in public services is a pleasant reminder to open source enthusiasts just how far this type of software has come in recent years. For …
In a previous post I argued that focusing on a particular type of technology is somewhat of a distraction when looking at the important issue of internet access for the world’s poor. I think there was broad agreement, that in …
On this Blog Action Day focussing on poverty, I thought it timely to talk about access to the internet, or perhaps more importantly how the millions living in poverty access the internet. It is unfortunate that much of the recent …
Related content and links
Please note: this blog is no longer being updated. Read our final post for how to stay in touch.
On this blog DFID staff share their personal experiences of helping to eliminate extreme poverty across the developing world.
- Looking for DFID Bloggers? 14 October 2016
- South Africa and the search for a better life 25 November 2015
- Entering the final phase of the Civil Society Partnership Review 10 November 2015
- Putting digital principles into practice in our aid programmes 10 November 2015
- More coffee, less conflict 9 November 2015