For a long time Pakistanis have been talking about change. In governance terms we call it reform. The message, however, is clear – business as usual is not working. Not far from where I work in DFID Pakistan there is …
Sakandar, DFID Pakistan’s Representative for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province
I’m the DFID Representative for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa Province. I lead on our dialogue and relationship with the Provincial Government. I help ensure all DFID programmes deliver value for money. I lead on DFID’s governance work to help build better government capability so that they are able to deliver better services for poor people. By helping government be more capable, accountable and responsive to people we will have more poor children in school staying longer and learning better and more immunisation coverage for babies and antenatal care for women. I have previously worked in Bosnia, Russia, Palestine and Afghanistan.
Related content and links
Please note: this blog is no longer being updated. Read our final post for how to stay in touch.
On this blog DFID staff share their personal experiences of helping to eliminate extreme poverty across the developing world.
- Looking for DFID Bloggers? 14 October 2016
- South Africa and the search for a better life 25 November 2015
- Entering the final phase of the Civil Society Partnership Review 10 November 2015
- Putting digital principles into practice in our aid programmes 10 November 2015
- More coffee, less conflict 9 November 2015