In 2008, Nigeria accounted for 25% of the global burden of malaria. 219,000 children under the age of 5 died from the disease. Describing the effort that was needed to defeat malaria, the UN’s Secretary General’s Special Envoy for Financing …
Patrick Lee, Malaria Consortium
Patrick Lee is the Communications Assistant for Malaria Consortium. He has written for Impatient Optimists, The Guardian and has recently travelled to Uganda to support filming. He works in London, England.
Related content and links
Please note: this blog is no longer being updated. Read our final post for how to stay in touch.
On this blog DFID staff share their personal experiences of helping to eliminate extreme poverty across the developing world.
- Looking for DFID Bloggers? 14 October 2016
- South Africa and the search for a better life 25 November 2015
- Entering the final phase of the Civil Society Partnership Review 10 November 2015
- Putting digital principles into practice in our aid programmes 10 November 2015
- More coffee, less conflict 9 November 2015