Mahabat is a natural teacher. Her warm character is balanced by a gentle authority that ensures her young pupils are quick to follow her direction in class. I met her last week in Dostuk, Kyrgyzstan, while visiting the kindergarten where …
It takes imagination to picture what ancient Panjakent once looked like. While it might now be little more than a sprawl of ruins in western Tajikistan, the city was once a thriving trading point along the Silk Route. Like famous …
Related content and links
Please note: this blog is no longer being updated. Read our final post for how to stay in touch.
On this blog DFID staff share their personal experiences of helping to eliminate extreme poverty across the developing world.
- Looking for DFID Bloggers? 14 October 2016
- South Africa and the search for a better life 25 November 2015
- Entering the final phase of the Civil Society Partnership Review 10 November 2015
- Putting digital principles into practice in our aid programmes 10 November 2015
- More coffee, less conflict 9 November 2015